Select Your Vehicle
Toyota LED Tail Lights
When considering simple ways to upgrade your Toyota Tacoma or Tundra, you might want to think about getting some new LED tail lights. Toyota trucks are already tough and stylish, but adding some LEDs can really set your truck apart from the rest. Not only do LED tail lights look great, but they also offer a number of safety benefits over traditional incandescent bulbs.
So, what are the benefits of LED tail lights? First, they are much brighter than incandescent bulbs, making your Toyota more visible to other drivers on the road. This is especially important when you are driving in low-light conditions or at night, as well as during inclement weather where visibility could increase the risk of being rear-ended.
LED tail lights can also last much longer than traditional bulbs – sometimes up to five times as long. This means that you won’t have to replace your tail lights as often, saving you both time and money in the long run. Frustratingly enough, newer vehicles seem to be much harder to replace bulbs, so just to save on hassle alone, upgrading to LED tail lights is a great move.
In addition, LED taillights are more energy-efficient than incandescent bulbs. This means that they won’t drain your battery as quickly, which can be helpful if you find yourself stranded on the side of the road. Thankfully, we all know how reliable Toyota vehicles are, but plan for the worst and hope for the best, right?
Finally, they just look good. Toyota trucks are already stylish, but adding some LED tail lights can really make them stand out. RECON offers a number of different styles to choose from, so you can find the perfect look for your Toyota.
What Are LED Lights?
LED lights are made from a semiconductor material that emits light when an electric current is passed through it. This is in contrast to traditional incandescent bulbs, which produce light by heating a metal filament until it becomes white-hot.
Do Toyota Trucks Come Standard with LED Tail Lights?
New models of the Tacoma and Tundra do come equipped with LEDs, but if yours still has halogen then we have good news: our LED tail lights are easy to install and fit just like OEM lights. No need for special tools or wiring, our Toyota LED tail lights are a direct replacement for your existing ones.
Toyota Tundra and Tacoma Self-Installation
In most cases, replacing your stock tail lights is something that you can do with a bit of patience, a few hand tools, and the instructions that come with your order! As long as you have a basic understanding of how to use tools and follow instructions, you should be able to install your new Toyota LED tail lights with no problem. Of course, if you’re not comfortable doing it yourself, you can always take it to a professional.
Installing Your New LED Tail Lights in your Toyota Truck
Whether you’re looking for Toyota Tacoma LED tail lights or Toyota Tundra LED tail lights, the process is the same.
- First, disconnect your battery to avoid an accidental short or an electrocution injury
- Open the rear gate and locate the two screws that hold your current tail lights in place. Remove these screws and gently pull the light assembly out so you can access the wires.
- Next, disconnect the wiring harness from your old tail light by pressing down on the release tab and pulling it apart. Be sure to do this for both the brake light and the turn signal.
- Now you can remove your old tail lights completely.
- Take a moment to clean up any dirt or debris in the area so your new lights will have a clean surface to adhere to.
- To install your new Toyota LED tail lights, simply line them up with the holes in the taillight assembly and screw them in place.
- Reconnect the wiring harness to your new lights – again, remember to do both the brake light and the turn signal.
- Push the light assembly back into place and screw it in.
- Reconnect your battery.
- Test your new LED tail lights in all settings before heading out on the open road.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully installed your new Toyota LED tail lights. Now get out there and enjoy the improved style and safety of your Toyota truck.
Are You Ready To Upgrade Your Tacoma or Tundra Tail Lights?
RECON is the leading manufacturer of aftermarket LED tail lights for Toyota trucks, and we’re proud to offer a wide selection of styles and colors to choose from.
Whether you’re looking for Toyota Tacoma smoked tail lights or Toyota Tundra smoked tail lights, we’ve got you covered. We also offer clear lens, red lens, and black smoked tail lights to give your Toyota the look you want.
Take a look at our selection of Toyota LED tail lights and find the perfect set for your truck. If you have any questions, our team of experts is standing by to help. Contact us today and we’ll be happy to assist you. Toyota LED Tail Lights FAQs